Friday, June 3, 2011

Exciting news!

I was accepted to the MIT program at UGA for next fall. I haven't been a student in almost ten years, so it will be an interesting transition.

For me as a writer, this is delightful news. I have always built and maintained my own websites, but now I'll have the technical know-how to design them from the bottom up. (Well, I will in two years.) My office is happy about it as well, since having a properly trained web designer in addition to a technical writer will look good to clients.

Will this mean less time for writing? Yes and no. Other things are going to be cut first - I'll be scaling back my video game addiction, to start, and we'll be having quite fewer home cooked meals that I spend an hour crafting. I still want to dedicate as much time to writing as my writing needs.

My husband is in the process of submitting proposals for a nonfiction book, and for the first time he is beginning to understand the sort of effort that goes into just writing query letters and working up the courage to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment