Monday, July 4, 2011

Long Vacation

I just returned from eight days of vacation. However, due to various circumstances (birthdays, other parties, etc) tonight if the first moment I've really had to catch my breath.

While I was on the beach at the Toronto Islands, I had a fabulous idea for a book. Or at least I thought I did. When I sat down to sketch it out, there really wasn't enough substance in there for a full length novel. It was, at best, a category romance in terms of length and story. Not that that's a bad thing, necessarily, but I've never even thought of writing a category romance before. Probably because I've always preferred a longer story, a big fat historical I could spend a few days drowning in, or an even longer epic fantasy that would take me a week to devour. (I am a voracious reader, and shorter books are over too soon!)

I may or may not write it. I don't think I'll make it a priority. I have too many other projects I should be working on. The characters voices are so clear in my head, however, that at this rate I may not have a choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment