Friday, April 30, 2010

A thousand words a day

An easy, manageable goal.

That's a thousand words of new fiction text; not including any revisions, queries, or any of the other business that comes along with writing books and short stories. And of course, not including any blog or forum posts!

It doesn't sound like much, especially for a NaNoWriMo veteran like myself. But it adds up fast if you stay committed.

1,000 words a day is 365,000 words a year - or four full length novels with 45K in change for short stories.

I have a whiteboard above my desk, and every morning, I write the total goal word count. Today's goal was to hit 18,000 words on Book #2. So I sat on the couch, with the cat curled up next to me, and after a while I checked and I was at 18133. Spiffy keen!

No comments:

Post a Comment