Monday, April 19, 2010

Newbie writer's homework

I've been building a database of agents.

Well, more like a spreadsheet, but still.

I made sure to check their websites, and discovered a few were not what I thought they were. Deleted. I don't want to waste my time, and they don't want me to waste theirs.

Each one has her own submission quirks, so I'm going to be careful to keep track of who requested what. See, my column with that section? And dates and email address and that sort of thing.

Even if every single agent rejects me, I want to make sure I didn't make a stupid mistake, like misspelling a name, or completely missing the genre they wanted.

Book #1 is still off at the beta readers. I haven't seen either of them online, which means they're either too busy to read it, or couldn't put it down. One can only hope it's the latter!

No comments:

Post a Comment