Monday, April 19, 2010

Mental Writing

I do my writing in my head, when I'm just waking up.

I once had an entire short story (fanfiction, unfortunately) play out in such a way in my mind, as if I was watching a movie in my head. I woke up, and wrote for four hours straight, until I petered out near the end - I had woken up by the time I reached that point.

So this morning, I'm snuggled under the covers with my cat sleeping on my head, kneading my hair, and I'm trying to imagine the next scenes in my current book. Trying to figure out what I need to do with the characters, what elements are missing. I decided to add in a scene with my villains, since they would otherwise not appear until the second half of the book. I decided to add another male character - a buddy, if you will. Truckers have buddies, right? Well, since much of the concept of one of the organizations in the story is "space truckers" they need to have all things trucker-esque. Including buddies.

I also need to return some books to the library. ACC Library was very nice and sent me an email reminder that I needed to return them.

No comments:

Post a Comment